Would you like to design and make a unique piece of jewellery for yourself or a loved one? If so, then try a KFD Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop. This is a great, fun experience to do with a friend, family member or partner, or just as a treat for yourself, making a one-of-a-kind piece thats meaningful to you. Or why not buy a Jewellery Experience Day voucher as a truly memorable gift for a birthday, Christmas, wedding or anniversary and create a modern heirloom to pass on?
Your tutor is me, Karen Faulkner Dunkley, a jeweller with 22 years experience. Im also a qualified teacher so I can guide you as you learn new techniques or enhance your existing skills. Youll enjoy a day of personal 1-2-1 tuition in my working jewellers workshop on a project of your choice. Its fully equipped with all the professional equipment youll need. My workshop can accommodate up to two participants, so bring along a friend for double the fun.
Just for you
My Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop is designed specifically around you and what you want to create. Tell me what you'd like to make and I can help you realise your dream piece. It could be a ring, a pair of wedding bands, a bangle, a pendant, a handmade chain or some earrings. The choice is yours. You can make it as simple or as challenging as you like. The price will depend on the quantity and type of materials needed. You can also choose the date and time to suit you too, depending on my existing commitments.
Before the day
Before your Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop we will discuss the content of your workshop and agree on the item youll make on the day. This must be finalised one week prior to the day of the experience to give me time to order in the necessary raw materials.
On the day
Your day starts with an introductory chat with tea or coffee, overlooking the beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside that surrounds my workshop, before we start our activities at 9.30am. Depending on what you choose to make, during the day I may show you how to shape, solder, set stones, texture, finish and polish your piece.
Well have a short break for a homemade lunch, before finishing off your piece by 4.30pm. Your piece is yours to take home and wear with pride.
Previous projects have included:
Resin and silver jewellery
Creating a string of pearls or beads with a handmade silver fastening
Creating a handmade silver chain
What's included in the price?
* Use of all tools, machinery and equipment needed for the day.
* Up to 10g of silver (roughly enough to make a ring, pendant or simple pair of earrings). Additional materials are chargeable.
* A light, homemade lunch and refreshments throughout the day. Food allergies, intolerances and preferences will be discussed and accommodated prior to the experience day.
* A video of your activities to remind you of your day.
Terms and Conditions
* The price of the experience is per person. The workshop can accommodate two participants comfortably. Please book two places if you wish to come along with a friend. Saturday courses are available at additional cost. Please email me if you wish to book a Saturday course.
* Due to the manufacturing function of the workshop, Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshops are limited to a maximum of 6 days per month.
* Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshops can be booked for up to one year in advance.
* The content of the workshop must be agreed with the tutor one week prior to the day of the experience.
* Additional costs maybe incurred if your chosen project requires more than the allocated amount of materials (more than 10g of silver and any stones, pearls or beads used on the day).
* The number of items that can be made in the day will depend on the project chosen and the ability of the participant.
* Any dietary allergies, intolerances or strong preferences must be stated one week before the Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop is to take place.
* Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 14 days before the date of the Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop starts.
* The date of the Bespoke Jewellery Experience Workshop may be changed on request.